Leveling the nozzles on your Gigabot is a simple process, but it may take several attempts and a bit of patience. Follow the instructions below, or refer to the video for guidance.
- 2.5mm Allen key
- Nozzle leveling block or Z-Axis Zero Setter
- Remove the fans from the hot ends.
- Using a 2.5mm Allen key, loosen the hot ends and pull straight down.
- Re-tighten the hot ends.
- Raise the bed at the 0.1 increment until one nozzle makes contact with the block or zero setter.
- Continue raising the bed until the other nozzle makes contact with the block or zero setter.
- Loosen the first nozzle that made contact with the block or zero setter and raise it until both nozzles are making contact with the block or zero setter.
- When passing the block between the bed and the nozzles, you should feel the same amount of drag for each nozzle. If you are using a zero setter, the measurements of the two nozzles should be within .001in of one another.
- Continue raising or lowering the bed as needed to make the adjustments.
- When the nozzles are level, ensure that the gear blocks are straight and secure the nozzles tightly.
- Replace the hot end fans, ensuring they rest between the grooves on the hot ends. A small gap should be present between the fan and the bottom of the trolley.