If your Gigabot resets itself when the Viki is touched, it is due to electrical interference caused by static electricity discharge. You can take measures to prevent this in one of the ways outlined below.
- Discharge static electricity before touching the Viki by touching an aluminum part of the machine.
Ground the faceplate of the Viki with a wire.
- Turn off and unplug the Gigabot
- Unscrew the grommet on the back of Viki mount to release its grip on the Viki cable
Unscrew the 4 screws that connect the faceplate of the Viki to its mount.
- Gently remove the Viki and fasten the ground wire (has circular terminal) to the lower right or left screw of the Viki control board shown below.
- Reattach the Viki to the mount and tighten the grommet.
- Route the wire into the control box through a grommet on its underside.
- Attach the other end of the grounding wire to the grounding bolt on lower left corner of the back plate
- Close and latch the electrical box and resume normal use.
Contact re:3D Support if you wish to have this wire prepared and shipped to you.