GBX specific nozzle (single piece)
- Determine that you have to remove the GBX nozzle and can’t avoid it
- Heat up the heating zones to 180C on the bottom, 100C in the middle, and 50C on top
- Put cardboard or something similar beneath the nozzle to protect the bed in case the nozzle falls after unscrewing it from the extruder barrel. A hot nozzle that falls on the bed can damage the PrintinZ print surface.
- Use a vise grip to clamp onto the extruder barrel right below the heat sink to hold the extruder in place while unscrewing the nozzle.
- Use a ⅝” size wrench to unscrew the nozzle. It should be turned clockwise if looking down at the bed or counter-clockwise if looking up from the bed.
- After removal, place the hot nozzle on a surface that can withstand the high temperature while the nozzle cools.
- Replace the nozzle by first making sure the crush washer is between the nozzle and the barrel
- Screw the nozzle into the barell, then torque it until it is completely secure. A torque setting has not been established for this process yet.
GBX adapter style nozzle:
The adapter style nozzle uses a machine steel part to mate the barrel to the smaller, standard FFF nozzles. For this replacement, you will only need to remove the smaller nozzle by using a 7mm wrench. Screw in the replacement nozzle, then torque it to 34.5 in-lbs.
Questions or concerns? Contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org