- 5.5mm wrench
- 2.5 mm Allen key
- Large flat head screwdriver
- Small flat head screwdriver
Important Safety Information: Disconnect your Gigabot from power and make sure it is turned off during the removal and installation processes!
We strongly recommend testing the new X-axis motor cable before performing a full installation to ensure that it provides the desired solution. Leave the old cable in place, except for terminals and connectors, until you have verified that errors are no longer present. In this initial testing phase, please refrain from installing the new cable into the Panduit and cable carriers.
1. Using a large flat head screwdriver, open the electrical box.
2. Remove the cooling duct using a 5.5mm wrench and a 2.5mm Allen key. Refer to the photo below:
3. Unscrew or unplug the old cable from the control board as shown below, and install the new cable wires.
Azteeg X3 Pro
4. Route the wire along the X-axis cable carrier using zip ties and/or strong tape and plug it into the motor as shown below:
5. Test the cable by performing the following steps:
- Heat the hot ends to the desired printing temperature.
- On the Viki, select "Prepare" > "Move Axis" > "X" > "10mm" and turn the dial roughly a quarter turn to verify the print head moves.
- Begin a print and verify successful completion.
6. Once you have verified there are no further issues:
- Using a 2.5mm Allen key, remove the screws holding the cable carrier (outlined in yellow below).
- Open the cable carrier latches and remove the old wire from the Panduit and cable carrier.
- Unscrew the new cable from the control board, route it through the grommet on the bottom of the electrical box, reinstall it into the control board, and route it back to the X-motor through the Panduit and cable carrier.
- Reinstall the cooling duct and replace the electrical box cover.