If the Viki displays the error message “Max Temp,” the hot end or bed is reading temperature above the upper limit set in firmware. (Bed - 150°C, Hot end - GB2-245°C, GB3-350°C on some and 400°C on others)
Before proceeding, please collect and record the following data:
- GB number
- Screenshot of temperature graph when error occurs
- .factory file
- Did max temp error happen:
- While heating the bed?
- While heating the hot end?
- During the print?
- Hot end temp set too high
- Thermocouple defective (GB3 and GB3+)
- Break / short with thermistor (GB2)
- Break / short in head cable (GB2)
- Thermocouple daughter board defective (GB3 and GB3+) BED ONLY
- Thermocouple daughter board jumper is loose (GB3 and GB3+) BED ONLY
- Reduce temperature in Simplify3D
- Replace thermocouple
- Replace thermistor
- Replace head cable
- Replace daughterboard
- Replace jumper wire